Polar Bear Air Conditioning is the premiere residential and commercial air conditioning company operating in the Cayman Islands. We have over 26 years offering unsurpassed service to our demanding customers. We specialize in high-end, ultra high efficient Lennox central systems and innovative Indoor Air Quality products. To maintain the elite level of services provided by Polar Bear to Grand Cayman, we are constantly searching the globe for purposes of recruiting the most talented HVAC Service Technicians.
We are seeking well-qualified HVAC Service Technician candidates for immediate hire to relocate to the Caymen Islands! There’s nothing like working in a positive company environment where your work is truly appreciated. Earning a competitive tax-free wage and living in paradise isn’t so bad either. For more information regarding Polar Bear Air Conditioning and living on the Cayman Islands please visit: http://polarbear.ky/careers/
If you are a residential/light commercial HVAC Service Technician with Excellent troubleshooting skills, who is well organized, have the ability to write invoices or produce invoices using iPad or similar device, and are familiar with flat rate pricing, billable efficiency with theability to educate customers of the many air conditioning and Indoor Air Quality products available, ACE, NATE and similar certified techs will be given preference. READ ON:
- Regular maintenance on cooling, ventilation and refrigeration equipment for both commercial and residential customers.
- Diagnose a wide variety of service issues, obtain any replacement parts, repair, test and calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ability to communicate diagnosis, the needed repairs and options therein to the customer in a knowledgable and courteous manner.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service the emergency needs of our customers.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Leave your work area and customer’s home cleaner than when your team arrived.
- Provide customer with friendly overview of the completed job, any special operational instructions, answer any questions, provide marketing material on latest products/services and reiterate that you are available to answer any questions or address any concerns.
- Utilize iPad to communicate with colleagues, customers and interact on behalf of company amongst various social media channels. Send customers job completion emails after each job.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with maintenance, troubleshooting and correcting a wide variety HVAC service issues.
- Minimum of 2 work related references (you will need this information to complete application process).
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to exceed customer expectations (we proudly pamper our customers).
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Capable of working and living in a year-round hot and humid climate.
- Ability to pass drug and background check (required by company & government).
- Experience with or the willingness to learn our mobile/digital technology (invoicing, scheduling, emailing, researching technical information, etc.).
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with or without additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
Here's What To Expect with Polar Bear Air Conditioning:
- $27-$33 hourly USD equivalent
- Tax free income! Yes, 0% income tax!
- 50% contribution to basic health plan
- 5% matching pension plan (after 9 months)
- 10-12 paid public holidays
- 10 days paid vacation (after 1st year)
- Adequate paid sick leave
- Incentive program for profitable work
- Personal use of company vehicle (first 3 months)
- Company uniforms and iPad provided
- Company sponsored/paid customer service & technical training
- Company advance to assist with relocation expenses and the process of relocation(special circumstances)