KLEBS Mechanical Inc was founded over 30 years ago (1986) and is a premier full service mechanical contracting company employing between 40 and 100 employees. KLEBS specializes in residential, commercial, industrial, and service work in the mechanical, piping, plumbing, HVAC, and sheet metal industries.
KLEBS residential division specializes in single family and multi family housing and offers the homeowner a complete menu of mechanical services including systems for new construction in custom homes, furnace and boiler replacements, adding plumbing for new bathrooms or kitchens, duct modifications, and piping modifications. Additionally, we service and repair all makes and models of heating units and plumbing fixtures. KLEBS has ranked a top choice for homeowners in Anchorage by an Anchorage Daily News poll.
KLEBS commercial and industrial division has completed very small to large complex projects: these projects range from service contract work for small office buildings to hospital and water treatment plant construction, and in logistically challenging locales from the South Pacific to Alaska’s North Slope.
KLEBS has embraced a “People First” mentality. It starts with our employees. We do everything we can to foster an engaged environment. We know that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers.
The Estimator is responsible for ensuring the commercial construction division has enough backlog to meet ongoing sales and revenue goals. This includes finding, tracking, and developing project leads, and assemblying and submitting complete and accurate bids and proposals for commercial mechanical, plumbing, piping, and HVAC projects using current pricing and labor cost data.
General Position Requirements:
- Implementation of the company’s strategic marketing plan for the Commercial Division.
- Survey the market for possible projects, market company to new clients, and develop potential business opportunities.
- Follow-up on sales leads and solicit design bid build, design assist, and design build opportunities.
- Review RFP, RFQ, Bid Solicitations for requirements and provide input on bid/no bid decision.
- Ensure a thorough review of RFP documents, plans, specifications, bid requirements, and qualifications needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of bids and proposals submitted to clients.
- Perform project material and labor takeoffs for all mechanical, piping, plumbing, HVAC, and sheet metal estimates.
- Research and update labor and material costs in all estimating software programs to ensure accurate estimates.
- Develop ongoing relationships with subcontractors and supplies to ensure the company receives quotes that are competitive, are in the best interest of the company, and ensure project harmony and success.
- Review bid schedule, bid results, and bid awards with the Commercial Division Manager.
- Supervise the gathering of data for, and advise Construction Team members on, the pricing of change orders.
- Prepare for and chair project turnover meetings with the Project Managers, thoroughly communicating the project scope of work and bid factors / ideas utilized during the estimate phase.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Associates degree in a construction field (Preferred)
- 4 years of construction estimating experience
- Knowledge and experience in Quickpen Autobid Software (Highly Preferred)
- Be an Alaskan resident or able to relocate at own expense
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time-off
- Health Club Membership Assistance
- Training & Personal Development
- Additional Incentive-based Programs