Job Type: Temp-to-hire
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: Trade/Vocational school
Salary Range: 25.00 to 35.00 / Hourly
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Charter College - In the Business of Changing Lives
SHARE YOUR WELDING KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS AN INSTRUCTOR!
Charter College, a fast growing career college in Wasilla, AK is now adding WELDING Programs at our campus! We are seeking enthusiastic instructors to head up our new WELDING program. It is the philosophy of Charter College to provide a unique educational path for students that will lead to successful job performance and job satisfaction in health care, business, legal industries.
An association of caring and concerned administration; qualified, experienced and certified instructors; the College directs students not only to the highest level of academic achievement and performance but also to the nourishment of personal and professional growth.
Our Wasilla, AK campus is rapidly expanding. We are looking for a WELDING instructor who has the commitment and drive to help students achieve their dreams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
· Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
· Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
· Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
· Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
· Substitute in classes when necessary.
· Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Dean of Education regarding such activity.
· Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Dean of Education.
· Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
· Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
· Maintain professional appearance.
· Communicate with Dean of Education on all issues related to students.
· Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
· Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
· Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
· Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
· Perform other duties as required.
We will begin this new program in August, and need part time (adjunct) instructors to teach the following:
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Monday-Thursday OR
6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Monday -Thursday
We are committed to diversity. Charter College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.