KLEBS Mechanical Inc was founded over 30 years ago (1986) and is a premier full service mechanical contracting company employing between 40 and 100 employees. KLEBS specializes in residential, commercial, industrial, and service work in the mechanical, piping, plumbing, HVAC, and sheet metal industries.
KLEBS residential division specializes in single family and multi family housing and offers the homeowner a complete menu of mechanical services including systems for new construction in custom homes, furnace and boiler replacements, adding plumbing for new bathrooms or kitchens, duct modifications, and piping modifications. Additionally, we service and repair all makes and models of heating units and plumbing fixtures. KLEBS has ranked a top choice for homeowners in Anchorage by an Anchorage Daily News poll.
KLEBS commercial and industrial division has completed very small to large complex projects: these projects range from service contract work for small office buildings to hospital and water treatment plant construction, and in logistically challenging locales from the South Pacific to Alaska’s North Slope.
KLEBS has embraced a “People First” mentality. It starts with our employees. We do everything we can to foster an engaged environment. We know that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers.
Title of Role: HVAC Commercial Service Technician
Summary of Organizational Role:
A Technician is an experienced HVAC Technician who is charged with performing routine maintenance on existing commercial building HVAC systems, while documenting and correcting any deficiencies.
Role is Accountable for:
- Inspecting HVAC systems at customer locations, trouble shooting problems, developing solutions, developing bids and proposals and obtaining customer approval for repairs.
- Consulting with the Service Supervisor on diagnosis and repairs of a complex nature.
- Communicating supply requests to Purchasing for ordering
- Supervising the staging and delivery of equipment and supplies and confirming availability to ensure uninterrupted work flow
- Maintaining job-site in a clean and orderly manner
- Educating customers and clients on equipment use, warranties, upkeep and maintenance requirements
- Submitting detailed and accurate records on resources and equipment used on each job.
- Reporting to the Dispatcher any project or schedule conflicts.
- Perform work in compliance with bid or proposal designs and building codes.
- Work safely and professionally.
- Control quantity and quality of work performed personally and by lower level technicians.
- Make decisions in the field within the job specifications.
- Recommend opportunities for work standardization and streamlining of work processes to increase efficiencies
Outcomes Accomplished are:
- Customer is happy with services provided and cost of services provided.
- Work is completed in a timely manner within manpower estimates
- Work is performed efficiently on the job site
- Work is begun according to schedule.
- Work assignments are planned in advance and material is on site when needed
- Job site is kept neat and organized
- Job site materials and equipment are stored in an organized manner
Competencies Required For Successful Role Accomplishment:
- Planning and accomplishing tasks to meet deadlines
- Documenting individual time spent on each job
- Attention to detail
- Work as productive member of the Division team
- Basic knowledge of office administration tools
- Organizing and planning work tasks to achieve efficiencies
- Reading and comprehending technical documentation
- Clearly communicating requests for assistance to team members
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Adapting to changing work priorities and deadlines
- Solving problems and completing assignments independently
- Participate as a productive and cooperative member of the team
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Completion of certified apprenticeship / training program or technical education program (preferred)
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- EPA Universal Certification
- Two years experience in the field as an HVAC Technician
Physical Requirements and Environmental Characteristics
- Moderate to loud noise and distractions on work site
- Lifting up to 50 lbs., move up to 100 lbs., work from heights up to 40 feet
- Working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time-off
- Health Club Membership Assistance
- Training & Personal Development
- Additional Incentive-based Programs