WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Hazmat Driver to join our growing team, and we now offer a $2,000 Sign on Bonus!
This is not a straight driving position, 75% of our work is in relation to crew support and can be very labor intensive, involving such tasks as dragging, connecting, disconnecting, draining hoses, shoveling, loading and unloading trailers, and working in confined spaces in support of industrial services crews. Class B vehicles such as vacuum trucks, guzzler and Vactor trucks, box vans, 2 ton flatbeds and other equipment are used.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections
- Complete daily time sheets and Driver’s Log Books
- Properly secure loads
- Handle varying lengths of hoses, 2 to 4 inches in diameter, with or without product
- Monitor, connect, disconnect, operate controls, intake and discharge valves on vacuum units
- Maintain daily inventory of hosed, tools, fittings and hose connections on the unit
- Maintain equipment while on job sites, such as draining and lubing, especially during winter months
- Support industrial services crews with confined space tank cleaning operations
- Proper completion and timely submission of project related documents such as timesheets, Daily Work Report, stock requisitions, etc
- Clean truck of trash and sweep out at the end of each shift
- Review Hazardous and Non Hazardous Waste Manifests, Bill-of-Lading and other shipping papers., for accuracy and make corrections as required
- Adhere to DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations
- Attention to detail is required, especially with completing work orders, manifests and placarding
- Demonstrate a consistent and reliable work ethic by adhering to work schedules and utilizing time efficiently in order complete assigned tasks within defined deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively cooperate and communicate with co-workers and personnel in other departments
- Exhibit a high level of integrity, honesty and professionalism in all activities and situations
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years, verifiable commercial driving experience in all weather conditions
- 2 years working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 396 Inspection, Repairs and Maintenance; 49 CFR Part 395 Driver’s Log Books-Hours of Service of Drivers; and 49 CFR Part 393 Subpart I-Protections Against Shifting and Falling Cargo requirements is preferred
- 40 hr. HAZWOPER Certificate
- Confined Space Entry
- Forklift Operation Certification
- Clean driving record
- Valid Alaska Call B Driver’s License with tanker and hazmat endorsement and no restrictions
- Good math skills and able to read, write legibly, speak and understand the English Language
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities